ECG UK CIC – PRIVACY NOTICE
- What do you do with my personal data?
If you are a subscribed ECG UK member, we use your data to provide you with the benefits of our individual membership, this will includes:
- Sending you updates regarding ECG UK progress through regular reports or newsletter (strategy, short term plan, finance, processes and procedures)
- Contacting you to inform you about collaboration or volunteering opportunities as well as chapter or specific hubs meetings that may be of your interest
- Keeping you inform about international federation news and progress
- Inviting you to other ECG related events and ECG UK National Assembly
If you are not a subscribed ECG UK member but you have provided your contact details, we will use your personal contact details if you have provided consent to receive news through or newsletter and other communications regarding related events and ways to get involved.
- How long will you keep my personal data?
We will keep your personal data while you are an ECG UK member. If you decide to stop your subscription to our membership, we will then ask you if you still want to receive news or other communications regarding related events in the future. If this is the case we will hold your personal data until you tell us otherwise.
- Who do you share my personal data with and why?
We will share your information in the following situations,
- With partners and suppliers who help us running our membership scheme and other aspects of the ECG movement,
- When you have provided your consent,
- When we have legal or regulatory request from the competition authority or law enforcement agency.
- What data do you hold about me (and how do you get it)?
Directly from you, such as information filled during the membership application process or registration forms filled in when during events. Additionally, we will collect your contact details if you write to us through the ECG info mail box or our social media pages.
- What rights do I have?
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice)
- To update your personal data by sending us an email to
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it.
- To get a free copy of your personal data
- To object to the process to the processing of your data and have it restricted
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us
- How do you ensure my data is secure?
ECG is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of procedures and controls to help protect personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- How do I change my marketing and communication preferences?
You can opt in and out of our newsletter as well as other events and PR communications by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing.
- How can I contact you?
If you would like more information or you would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to email@example.com