Over 500 businesses worldwide have created their own Common Good Balance Sheet. These range from small owner managed business to multinationals such a Vaude and Ecosia.
There are many advantages for a business in becoming an ECG company. A survey carried out by researchers from the University of Valencia in 2018 of more than 200 ECG companies found that they self-reported benefits including:
- Much greater staff motivation and engagement
- Lower CO2 emissions
- Greater awareness of sustainability throughout the company and supply chains
- More local supplies
- Reduced staff turnover and hiring costs
- Enhanced reputation with customers and suppliers
- A more innovative culture
All of which was achieved in most cases without any negative impact on financial performance (and, in some cases, with improved financial performance).
Using the Common Good Report and Balance Sheet means that a business has the ability to reflect and report on its environmental and social performance within a single unified framework.
This link explains how companies can complete a Common Good Balance Sheet,
If your business would like to hear more, contact email@example.com.